Receives, stores and despatches material in line with standard operating procedures and information received. Maintain 5S and housekeeping within the warehouse. Operate Forklift in a very careful manner to move materials within the yard premises as required ensuring no damage to man, material, and the properties.
- Is Safety Champion – ensures HSE guidelines are strictly followed.
- Maintain check list for the forklift maintenance.
- Takes delivery of material from supplier/production and ensure that quantity, quality and other specifications are in accordance with the relevant PO.
- Assists in physical count of inventory, as required, for reconciliation with system data.
- Ensures proper storage of material in designated areas for easy and fast retrieval.
- Ensures the material is stored safely to avoid any loss or damage.
- Operates the Forklift to transfer goods to the designated location.
- Assists in material despatch to various sites ensuring that manual records are updated in the register.
- Assists in packing and unpacking of items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labelling equipment.
- Ensures that the supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas are clean and maintained in compliance with safety regulations.
- Keep records on the used or damage inventory also of stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Ensures HSE guidelines are strictly followed.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- 12-13 years of formal education with at least 3 years’ experience in stores / logistics experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
- Acceptable communication skills in English. Knowledge of Urdu will be an advantage.
- Forklift license is mandatory.
- Should be physically fit.